I offer a variety of services to support pet owners and professionals. If you are looking for a service that you do not see here, please contact me. If it is not in my wheelhouse, I will do my best to get you connected with someone who can help.
For individuals, couples, and families
Sessions take place in my office or in the community (on a case-by-case basis). Frequency and length of sessions are determined according to need. When we meet for the first time, we develop a plan and goals for our work together. As we progress in our journey, we evaluate how things are going and change direction as needed. I use an integrative and collaborative approach to help with whatever issues are of concern to you or your family. My methods and techniques draw from cognitive-behavioral and behavioral, ecological systems, positive psychology, and person-centered theories.
Some common reasons people contact me:
- Complicated grief related to pet loss
- Stress, anxiety, and guilt related to caring for a pet with behavioral problems or special needs
- End-of-life planning or decision making - Getting everyone "on the same page"
- Pet stress related to moving, blending households, and other life transitions
My fee per session is $150. I am a Medicare provider, or I can provide you with appropriate documentation to submit to your insurance company for out-of-network benefits.
Coaching sessions take place in my office, in the community, or online. As with counseling, coaching sessions are generally 45-55 minutes long, but frequency is flexible. Coaching is problem-solving, solutions-focused, and usually short term. Clients contact me for coaching to address:
- Quality of life issues and decision making
- Pre-adoption preparation or post-adoption trouble-shooting
- Managing chronic illnesses or special needs
My fee per coaching session is $150. Sliding scales are available, and I will do my best to make my services accessible to you, regardless of income. Coaching is not reimbursable by insurance.
In addition to traditional counseling and coaching services, I also offer individualized support depending on your unique needs. Some examples of such specialized support includes:
- Phone check-ins in between sessions
- Case management to coordinate care with other professionals caring for your animal companion
- Accompaniment to veterinary or training appointments
Concierge services are highly individualized so fees are agreed upon once your needs are discussed. Concierge is not reimbursable by insurance.